Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Costume

I found this tutorial for an adorable owl costume and HAD to make it. I made a few changes on mine. The mask is only half a mask because our church has asked that we not wear masks to its functions and we are going to the trunk-or-treat on Saturday. I personally like the full mask better, but am happy with my alternative.
I also made my "feathers" smaller because she is much smaller than the little girl shown in the tutorial. She says you can sew or glue the feathers on. I highly recommend gluing, sewing by hand takes forever. I started this costume by sewing and realized how long it was going to take so I started gluing.
The hoodie was $2.50 at a gently used kids clothing store (it had a little design on the front that I covered with the feathers, so your hoodie does not have to be plain). Fabric was about $3 at Joann's (I used fleece), and I bought extra "just in case". The mask I used was $1.99 (it was not the one she used on her tutorial). The rest of the materials I had at home. This project is SO easy I really think anyone could do it.

7 comments:

  1. Cute, Steph! I LOVE her face in that top picture! Hilarious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it. It's great to see how other people's costumes turned out. Yeah, unfortunately, I had to sew on the feathers so my daughter could wear the hoodie after Halloween. I'm working on a coordinating treat bucket now and will post another tutorial soon. I would like to post your pictures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! way more talented than I am....and more patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute daughter! Cute costume! Aren't you the crafty person? Of course, you'd have to be---with Julie Cluff as your mom, right? Way to go, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, that is the cutest thing ever! Just loved to see your creation and of course, that cute face that we love so much. I have to agree with Rachel, that top picture was full of attitude! I just want to kiss that sweet face! Thanks for sharing. I've added this blog to my favorites, so I will be following it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job!! And good idea with the half mask thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute costume for a most adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete